Nursery Practitioners/Assistants - term time only plus one INSET day
We are looking for staff who can work one of the following work patterns so please specify which one(s) you would be interested in:
- Option 1 - 5 days : Monday to Friday 8.45am to 3.15pm
- Option 2 - 2.5 days: Monday & Tuesday 8.45am to 3.15pm, Wednesday 8.45am to 1pm.
- Option 3 - 2.5 days: Wednesday 12pm to 3.15pm, Thursday & Friday 8.45am to 3.15pm
- £9.25 per hour (£10.52 inc built in holiday pay) plus pension
- £17316 full time equivalent
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Team player
- Committed to bringing the best out of every child
- Highly confidential in nature
- Outdoorsy - we are an outdoorsy school with expansive grounds so we make the most of them
Experience, skills & qualifications - required
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or above or equivalent (if a non-UK qualification then a NARIC Statement of Comparability will be required at the point of application).
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience of working with or volunteering with nursery-aged children
Experience, skills & qualifications
Early Years qualification at Level 3 (preferred)
- Level 3 qualification which specifies "Early Years Educator"
Early Years qualification at Level 2
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Children's Play, Learning and Development (Early Years Practitioner)
Woodmansterne Primary School is committed to safeguarding and expects all employees to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks include an enhanced DBS disclosure, references, health check and Right to Work in the UK.
How to apply – please complete the attached application form (below) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . The deadline for receipt of applications is Monday 8 July at 1pm. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early dependent on applications. We will also continue to accept applications after this date for further vacancies.
Application form (Word document so may not open on an Apple device)
We believe in looking after our staff to let them do the best job possible. We offer tailored and varied CPD, a focus on professional development and practices that support fair workloads. When you work at Woodmansterne as part of the teaching staff or support staff, you are part of one big team.
If this sounds like your type of school, please email Lisa Adams (School Business Manager) at email@example.com to be added to our talent pool. Include your name, the type of job you'd be interested in and any other relevant information and we'll be in touch if we have a relevant vacancy.
We belong to the Surrey Extra scheme where staff get discounts on shopping, gym membership, phones, car leasing, cinema tickets, days out and lots, lots more.
There are also tax-efficient cycle to work schemes and childcare vouchers. In addition, we hold regular staff breakfasts, wellbeing/fitness sessions and occasional nights out.
SCITT (School Centred Initial Teacher Training)
We have a wealth of experience in supporting and developing student teachers and NQTs and experienced and dedicated mentors.
If you have secured a place on the SCITT programme via the tuition fee route and are looking for a placement school to host you, please get in touch with our Head Teacher to discuss via firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently working with two SCITT providers:
- Please click here for an outline of Surrey South Farnham SCITT
- For more information about teacher training with Glyn Surrey SCITT, please see the website: www.glynsurreyscitt.co.uk
We also work with other providers so do get in touch to discuss your future at Woodmansterne.