The Governors very much appreciate parents' support in ensuring that the children attend school smartly dressed and in the correct uniform. We regard this as a very important factor in the success of the school. Our Uniform Policy can be found here.
Our school uniform is designed to be simple, practical and economical. Our school uniform can be purchased from the companies listed below. General uniform items can be purchased from any uniform supplier or supermarket.
- Please visit the Media & More website for school uniform. (If you are looking for nursery uniform, please type in Acorns Nursery as it has its own page). There is a free collection point in Woodmansterne.
- Please visit TUNIQ to purchase our school uniforms. You can search 'Woodmasterne' on 'SHOP BY SCHOOL & CLUB' menu to view & buy the uniforms. They also have a free collect service in Coulsdon.
- Please visit Schoolwear Inc. to purchase our new style P.E. kit. They have a free click & collect/purchase in store service in Worcester Park, or alternatively, you can have the kit delivered free to the school office. How to order guide.
Secondhand Uniform is available from our monthly sales after school - details can be found in the school newsletters.
The uniform comprises:
- Black V-neck pullover or cardigan (embroidered with the Woodmansterne badge if possible)
- White shirt (white polo shirt for Reception children)
- Black and gold tie for Years 1-6 (no tie in Reception)
- Grey trousers/shorts/skirt/pinafore dress
Pupils should not bring a pencil case to school as their class is stocked with the stationery items they need to support their learning.
Pupils in Reception and Key Stage 1 should only bring a book bag (with a maximum of one keyring attached) and not a rucksack to school. We will provide all new Reception pupils starting in September 2022 with a book bag.
Key Stage 2 pupils may bring a black rucksack to school (Woodmansterne branded or plain black is preferred and other fashion bags are not permitted)
- Sensible, plain black shoes (not ballet pumps, open-toe shoes, sandals or boots)
- Grey or white socks/grey tights
- Wellington boots/outdoor learning shoes to be kept at school throughout the year
Acorns Nursery Class (not compulsory)
- Acorns green T-shirt
- Acorns green sweatshirt
- Black jogging bottoms/shorts/leggings
- Plimsolls or trainers
- Plain black shorts
- Embroidered sports top - red for Ash house, blue for Elm and green for Oak. From September 2023 the PE kit will be the new sports top only.
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms
- Plain black tracksuit top/sweatshirt
- Woodmansterne School hoodie (optional)
- White socks in KS1 / Knee length black sports socks in KS2
Please make sure that all items of clothing are clearly marked.
Jewellery must not be worn for reasons of safety. If your child has pierced ears only the smallest of studs should be worn to school but these must be removed independently by the child for P.E. lessons to prevent them from causing injury. Staff will not be able to assist your child with removing their earrings, so if your child is unable to remove their own earrings in school then parents should remove them at home before school so that they do not miss their P.E. lesson.
Long hair (shoulder length and below) must be tied back at all times, for both boys and girls. Hair ties and headbands should be small and discreet in school colours only (black or yellow). Extreme hairstyles are not appropriate for school and children should not have decorative patterns cut into their hair or have their hair coloured or dyed.
Children should not wear make up or nail polish in school.
Any temporary tattoos or drawings on hands or skin should be removed before coming to school.