Acorns Nursery will be opening at Woodmansterne Primary School on 23rd April 2019. We are currently taking applications for an April 2019 or September 2019 start. Our next closing date for applications is 15 February 2019.
The closing dates below are the dates at which we look at each new batch of applications and allocate places based on our admissions criteria. We contact parents to confirm the places 2-3 weeks after the closing date.
Applications closing date
(1) 15 February 2019
(2) 29 March 2019
(1) 15 February 2019
(2) 29 March 2019
(3) 24 May 2019
(4) 1 July 2019
(1) 24 May 2019
(2) 1 July 2019
(3) 11 October 2019
(4) 29 November 2019
We accept applications after these dates and on a rolling basis. If we have space available, your child is welcome to start at other times. For example, if you move into the area in May 2019 and would like your child to start straight away, as long as we have space available they could start mid-term.
The Information Pack for Nursery including how to access your free funded hours can be found here.
The answers to frequently asked questions can be found here.
You can download any of these forms by right clicking on the link and choosing 'Save link as'.
We are very proud of our school and its values - Respect, Responsibility, Reflection and Resilience. At Woodmansterne we see our role as facilitators 'Growing Learners for Life'. We aim to provide high quality care and education for children and a secure foundation for learning in a nurturing environment, where there is an equality of opportunity and support for all and where staff and families work in close partnership.
Our aims are achieved through:
- Development of personal independence, freedom to initiate activities and make choices
- Development of self-discipline and self-motivation
- Inclusion of children with special needs and the provision of support and resources to meet their needs
- A growing sense of well-being, happiness and confidence for each child
- Development of children’s self-respect and confidence in their abilities
- Development of friendships
- Development of relationships where adults and children accept, value and respect one another
- Promotion of appropriate behaviour in different situations and how to manage their feelings
- Good working partnerships between staff and families
- Freedom to express feelings, ideas and beliefs within a supportive environment
- Having fun, laughing, encouraging the development of humour
- Creation of a supportive and caring environment in which each child's potential can be nurtured
- Provision of an inspiring environment including different types of outdoor learning where children can play freely and experience different learning experiences
Learning and Development
- Enjoyment in learning through play and structured activities
- Development of imagination
- Development of expressive arts and design through music, dance, drama, role play and art
- Development of communication and language
- Opportunities for exploring literature and developing reading and writing skills
- Opportunities for mathematical development
- Encouragement for children to explore and investigate the world around them and develop their understanding of it
- Development of physical skills including both large and fine motor skills
- Appropriate curriculum planning, taking account of children’s ideas and interests, to promote learning and development
- Assessment for measuring progress through observations of children and the recording of each child's development in their Learning Journey
- Respect for the existing stage of development of each child and use of this as a starting point for future development
- Individual planning for next steps
- Participation of parents in their child's learning
Safeguarding and Welfare
- Keeping children safe in our care
- Ongoing staff training
- Implementation of health and safety policies
Development of Acorn Nursery Class
- Professional development of the staff
- Continued communication with other Early Years settings to exchange ideas and improve skills
We still accept applications after these dates and on a rolling basis if we have spaces available. For example, if you move into the area In May 2019 and you would like your child to start immediately, if we have spaces we would be happy for your child to start mid-term.If you would like to come and view the Nursery, please contact us on 01737 353 120 or email@example.com